Open Search for Assistant Professor of Journalism
The School of Communications (comunicaciones.uc.cl) at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (www.uc.cl) invites applications for full-time assistant professor (tenure track) in journalism and media. Duties include teaching in the bachelor, master’s and/or doctoral programs and conducting research in the area. The anticipated starting date will be in August 2017.
Founded in 1961, the Journalism program at Universidad Católica was the first Spanish-language program to be accredited by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC), in 1998. With nearly 700 students enrolled in its undergraduate and graduate programs, the School of Communications at Universidad Católica is Latin America’s top-ranked school in the field and is located in downtown Santiago, Chile’s capital city.
- Ph.D. in journalism, communications, or a relevant academic field.
- Record of research and publication in academic journals.
- Professional experience practicing journalism preferred.
- Commitment to academic duties in line with the catholic values of the university.
- Interpersonal skills compatible with team work and collaboration.
- Fluent command of Spanish is highly recommended, but not required.
Candidates should send an email with the subject “Journalism search" to email@example.com. The message should include a single PDF file with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae including details of teaching experience, and current and proposed research projects underway and research achievements
- At least two recommendation letters.
- Copy of degrees (diplomas).
- Letter of intent.
Applications should be submitted no later than 4:00 p.m. (Santiago-Chile time) May 15, 2017.
Finalists will be invited to a present their research to faculty members.
Claudia Labarca, Academic Secretary of the School of Communications (firstname.lastname@example.org, phone number +56 2 23542029).